Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Musical interlude

Dan, over at Dan's Blah-Blah Blog, has a little blurb on his sidebar entitled "Most Spins Last Week". This week's winner is Al Green's Greatest Hits. Seeing that album cover instantly took me back to high school, junior year. I absolutely loved Al Green. I knew every song by heart. I used to sing Let's Stay Together in my car on the way to school at the top of my lungs. Thankfully, the only persons subjected to my mangling of Al Green's ditty were my siblings, and really, who cared about them? I mean, they were my younger sisters and brother. It was their duty in life to endure being tortured by me. Besides, I am pretty sure we all sang along, and we were all equally horrible, but we thought we were the next Jackson 5, except we were white, and there were only four of us, but what did that matter?

Anyway, since Lorraine pretty much has the 80's locked up, I'm going to do a little posting of 70's music now and then, for those who care, those who remember the amazing music we had in the 70's, and those who want to walk down that lane with me. To begin our set, ladies and gentlemen, I give you - Al Green!