Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And now, for something completely different

I wish I could take what's on my TiVo and put it here. I am watching Tony Bennett, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood, and (be still my beating heart) Josh Groban singing For Once in My Life on Oprah. Call me crazy, or weird, but I love all of them. Tony Bennett is just classically amazing. Michael Bublé is great, as is Carrie Underwood. But Josh Groban is beyond amazing. I fell in love with him after seeing him on Ally McBeal. What a voice! You're Still You is still one of my favorite songs of all time. Listen to him sing opera, and I get goosebumps. I think if someone asked me what one "gift" I would ask for, it would be the ability to sing. Oh, sure, I can sing along to the radio, or my MP3 player, and even can sing along with the congregation in church (probably to the chagrin of those standing nearby), but I could never sing a capella or even if accompanied by an instrument. Back when I was five, my mom told me I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. I believed her then. I believe her still. I think I can carry a tune, but I can't SING, and I would kill for that talent. I think almost everyone who can't sing would. On that note, I wanted to post a video of Josh Groban, but YouTube seems to be down at the moment. Look for an update to this post once YouTube is alive again.

Update: Josh Groban singing You're Still You.