Friday, December 08, 2006

Final Frenzied Flurry

I'm trying to make up for not being able to blog over the weekend, so I'm blogging like a madwoman right now. It's 6:30 PM. I'm at work. I am not working on work stuff, though, just stuff I need to work on. Got that? The Spouse will be home at about 8:15 tonight. We'll have to catch up on episodes of The O.C. and Day Break, then head off to bed so we can get an early start tomorrow.

Next week is Youngest Son's finals week. He's inundated with last minute homework, studying, the usual pre-finals frenzy.

I have two weeks to complete a project at work that I've been working on for over a year. I'm not sure what will happen to me if I don't meet the deadline. I should be scared, but I'm pretty good with deadlines. Except today, AT&T/Conexant had a big backbone failure, so we couldn't get to 3M. Since I have to connect to a server there while working on this project, I couldn't make any progress on it at all today. The outage affected Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Just my luck. Gave me time to finish my bonus application, though. (Gotta find that silver lining).

Okay, I have stuff to work on.