Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Break = Rome, Florence, and Milan

Don't you wish you were a college kid embarking on Spring Break? When I was in college, Spring Break meant I could pick up more hours at the restaurant because I wasn't in class. I never got to go on any wild Spring Break trips. I had rent and bills to pay. Youngest Son, on the other hand, as you all well know, is in France, and tonight he embarks on his 9 day trip to Italy. He and five of his female classmates are leaving at 7:30 PM Paris time for Rome. The timing is perfect. It's supposed to snow in Paris tomorrow, but it should be sunny and breezy in Rome. While I would love to talk to him every night to hear about his impression of our native country, he'll be roaming on his cell, and incoming calls, instead of being free, will cost nearly 1 euro a minute, so calls will be limited to, "we got to Rome safely" or, "we have arrived at the hostel in Florence safely". I can't wait for photos.

Speaking of photos, he has uploaded about 250 photos from his trip thus far. His most recent addition was nearly 100 photos from Normandy, so click the link on the left and take a look (the hyperlink that says France Study Program, not the slideshow).

Now, off to the shower for me.