Friday, March 30, 2007

Since I can't go home...

I thought I'd post. I am too blah to actually work.

I have eyebrow envy. I have these very skimpy eyebrows that disappear into my face if I don't gussy them up. It's a hereditary thing. My dad and my brother have half eyebrows. There is nothing from the middle, where the arch should be, to the end. Zip. Nada. Mine at least have a few straggly hairs. But a little eyebrow powder, and an angled brush do wonders, and most people who know me have no idea that my eyebrows are brushed on - until I go swimming. Then, my dirty little secret is exposed as I emerge from the water missing a major facial feature. I'm seriously considering having them tattooed on.

Since I have these pathetic eyebrows, I notice beautiful eyebrows, a lot. Gwen Stefani has great eyebrows. So does Paula Abdul. I noticed them both while watching a little of the most boring season of American Idol ever. I want beautiful eyebrows. I envy women with beautiful eyebrows. The Daughter has perfect eyebrows. I wish I had Brooke Shields' eyebrows because with heavy brows, you can have them waxed into the perfect shape. With non-existent brows, you're screwed. Candace Bergen has great eyebrows. I don't. And the problem with having to create eyebrows every day is, they're never the same twice. Some days they look great. Other days they're too thick, too skimpy, not arched enough. It's such a pain. Is it too much to ask to just have eyebrows like one of these three ladies? I think not.