Friday, March 30, 2007

I think I've caught Lorraine's flu

Tuesday morning, when I was at the workshop on wikis and podcasts, I wasn't feeling too well. During the morning section, I had the chills, and sort of ached all over. I just wanted to put my head down and sleep. When we went to lunch between the workshops, I ate nothing, just sipped some tea. I took a couple of Advil capsules, and within an hour, I felt great. I chalked it up to PMS or lack of sleep the night before. This morning, every joint in my body aches. I'm super tired and didn't sleep well at all last night. My stomach is unsettled, and I'm a little warm, although I don't have the chills. I have taken a total of 5 ibuprofen caplets so far, and I still ache. I don't know how long I'm going to last here at work. My dilemma is, I'm the boss today. Every other supervisor is gone. If there is some sort of patron issue, I'm the go-to gal. I would feel like I've abandoned ship if I leave. So, I'm sticking it out until noon. If I'm not feeling hella better by then, I'm going to go home and sleep all afternoon.