Thursday, September 29, 2005

JoAnn has a blog

My friend, JoAnn, has a blog now (see http://imusttellyou.blogspot.com).  It’s great!  It’s her place to rant on an array of topics.  Both her posts have made me ask, “am I guilty of this?”  Both times I have had to admit “at times, yes, I am.”   Thanks a lot, JoAnn. ;)  Seriously, I do thank her for making me stop to consider my own behavior.  How often do we really take a step back and look at ourselves – and I don’t just mean the reflection in the mirror that is way fatter and older and grayer than we think it should be.  How often do we look at our behavior toward others, especially family, at our reactions toward those with whom we disagree, at our attitudes, at the snide comments we mutter under our breath when we are treated poorly?  And especially, how often do we look at those things in light of Christ’s example to us?  Ahhhhhh…. That changes everything, doesn’t it?  While we might react in a way the world sees as perfectly justified, even expected, far too often it is in a way diametrically opposed to the way Christ has demonstrated we should react.  Those darned spears again….  My, aren’t we good at throwing them, just like Saul was.  So, JoAnn, really, thank you for making me think.