Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday fever and the UK is a go!

The weekend is here!!!! Well, in 30 minutes it will be. Yippee! So, here is the best news of all.....

(drum roll please)....

We got our timeshare exchanges for the UK!!!!!

We get a week in the Highlands and a week in Staffordshire, about 110 miles from London! We have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottage in both places too! They are off the beaten path in that they are not right in any big city, but they are in the UK and it's only costing $150 each week! The resort in the Highlands is in Kenmore, right on Loch Tay. It's called The Kenmore Club. It looks so cool! It's on the grounds of Castle Taymouth. The other is called Wychnor Park Country Club and is in Barton-under-Needwood, not far from Stratford-on-Avon (you know, Shakespeare and all that). Both resorts look gorgeous. Both are NOT in the US! Now, to make everyone even more jealous, the owner of a company for which I do consulting - and that I constantly forget to bill for my work - decided the best way to pay me for my work is to buy our 3 tickets to Europe!!! So, on May 13, 2006, Tom, Jonathan, and I, will be winging our way toward Edinburgh, Scotland for the first leg of our trip to the United Kingdom and I can hardly believe it! Isn't that cool?!?!?!

Now I just need to figure out what all we want to/should see, how we're going to get to those sights, if we are going to try to get to Paris for a couple of days, and all that jazz. Input is greatly appreciated from those who have visited England and/or Scotland.

Today has been a great day. I was just told by our finance person that I have $20,000 left in my budget to spend - by Tuesday!! I asked her to double check - which she had done three times before she told me the great news. Sooooooo, I just ordered another server, a rack for my four servers, and some other hardware I need and I still have money left. If I don't spend it, I lose it... so no time to waste! I'm on a buying spree! :) See ya... I have to go buy stuff.