Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It's Tuesday!

One guess where I'm headed.... Please snow soon, please snow soon! (I can't believe I'm actually saying that!)

We saw Jonathan for 90 whole minutes last Sunday. It was nice to see him, nice to hear about all his escapades, social interactions, see his room (a huge improvement over last year, btw - photos to come), and just be with him, but he was anxious to get back in time to hook up with friends before they made plans for the day, so we just had breakfast at Shari's (note to Harrisons - the same one we met at a year ago, which was bittersweet), stopped in at Pier 1 Imports briefly, then took him back to school. It was not long enough. I think I'll just plan on not seeing him until Parents' Weekend when he will have to set aside the weekend for us. Maybe he'll appreciate us more after not seeing us for over a month.

He is doing well, though. He is also doing the unthinkable - losing weight in college! His tightest jeans are now loose on him. Today he called me, though, and he's sick. He has a nasty sounding cold. I don't know why he always seems to get sick so often. Maybe it's college living. He surely doesn't eat well or get enough sleep, which contributes to his lack of resistance I'm sure. He got some Dayquil so he should be able to attend classes. He has been very good about never missing Calc III and Computer Science. He has missed Interpersonal Communications once - says it's a dumb class - so it would not surprise me to learn he missed it tomorrow. We'll see.

Work is still crazy. I'm just procrastinating like mad on setting up my new servers. I have to start tomorrow. It's just crazy.

Now, off to mow....