Friday, March 03, 2006

The results are in

So I got blood tests back. My LDL is higher than it should be, but my HDL is really high too, so that sort of negates the high LDL. The total is 228, which is high-ish, but with the high HDL, no one is really worried about that part. My thyroid is on the low end of normal so.... the doc prescribed levothyroxine for me. It will be interesting to see how it makes me feel. A friend in the gym said she's been taking it for years. She said she was always tired and had gained weight (sounds all too familiar) and when she started taking the thyroid, she had much more energy and the weight just melted off of her. She was never fat - just about 20 pounds overweight, like me. So, I'm excited to see if I have more energy and if I find it easier to lose weight. I have to go back in for a blood test in 8 weeks and the dosage will be adjusted at that time if needed. I'm going to pull out my last blood test from three years ago and compare all the other technical stuff to see if my blood profile has changed at all, but overall, it looks good - very healthy. Yay!