Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The perfect morning

As I've mentioned before, I am not exactly a morning person. I've been forced to become one because of my husband's work schedule, dragging myself from slumber at 4:30 a.m. weekdays. Though I'm up, I don't like to interact with anyone for at least half an hour, maybe an hour. I just need time to wake up. There is one exception. I love it when Jonathan is home and he gets up when I do. He is the only person I don't mind talking to in the mornings. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because he's pretty chatty in the mornings when he gets up, though his chattiness is generally directed at cajoling me into making breakfast for him. This morning it was cheesy hash browns. He absolutely loves hash browns. I think if he could figure out how to arrange it, he'd have hash browns every day of his life. He had talked me into buying these Ore-Ida frozen cheesy hash browns for him when we were at the grocery store last weekend. He didn't know how to make them, so actually set his alarm to get up with me so I could make them for him. I pointed out the location of the directions on the package to him and he set about making them himself, with some oversight by me. They looked pretty tasty.

During the course of making his hash browns, while I made his dad's lunch, we chatted about all sorts of things. Now, we are sitting on the sofa watching American Chopper and drinking chai tea. I can't really imagine a more perfect morning. It's a great way to start a day which will include a second, undoubtedly more squishing, mammogram and an ultrasound. There is not much better than just sitting with your kid, hanging out, chatting about random stuff - exept maybe doing that in, say, the UK, as we will be doing in less than 8 weeks!!!!

Oh, and the thyroid seems to be having a postive impact. I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks without changing my diet. This week I have set out on a better eating plan, so I'm excited to see what the effect will be now that it is coupled with the thyroid. Maybe I'll finally have some success at weight loss!

This is a great morning!