Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February Blahs

I think February is the dreariest month of the year. Thankfully, it's short. It's not uncommon to hear locals lament that making it through February without sinking into depression is their winter goal. It is a very gray month.

We washed the car on Saturday. It was a very un-February-like sunny day. We were on our way to Spokane. It seemed like a good thing to do. We waited in line at the new, high-tech car wash in town. The car wash itself is not new, but the workings of the car wash are new. It's a LaserWash 4000. Impressive name! To introduce it to locals, the Exxon station in which it is located gave away free car washes for two days. It broke. In fact, it right after it washed my car. Then we had our sub-freezing temps, and it froze. I think it's been operational for a total of 7 out of the 15 days it's been in town. We did manage to wash all three of our cars for free, two of them twice. Saturday it wasn't free. It cost $8 for the mega/ultra/extreme/works (one of those adjectives) wash. This wash includes an undercarriage wash, a pre-soak, a rinse, another pre-soak, a wash, a rinse, clear coat polish, clear coat protectant, a spot-free rinse, and a blow dry. It takes 10 minutes. The Jetta looked stunning. It snowed on the way back from Spokane Saturday night and it's been raining cats, dogs, mice, fish, and every other ark creature ever since. I've apologized to my coworkers and most everyone else I've discussed the unending rain with. I know it's our fault. Every time we've washed the cars this winter, it has snowed or rained the very next day, if not the same day. I accept full responsibility for the soggy conditions outside.

I hope March is sunny! My birthday is in March, as is my daughter-in-law's, my grandson's, my sister's, my grandmother's, and two sisters-in-law. A fishy bunch (except my sis, who is an Aries). Well, off to buy groceries on the way home from work.