Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ali Cat has her legs back

Today Ali gets her "casts" off. I will pick her up from the vet's office at 3PM. He had to knock her out again and will glue some sort of claw caps onto her back claws that will make her claws dull and prevent her from scratching herself for a bit longer. She will likely still be groggy when I pick her up. I hate to see her that way. But she will be so happy to have access to her fur on her back legs and her feet and her "toes". She has adapted so well to the "casts", even becoming brave enough to jump up onto the bar stools in the dining room. Nevertheless, she couldn't lay the way she preferred with her back feet tucked beneath her body, so having complete flexibility back will surely be a relief to her. I can't wait to take her home. Poor thing couldn't eat last night or this morning. Like humans, cats under sedation can vomit and aspirate, so they have to go in with an empty stomach. She was starving this morning. Oddly, she didn't even fight me when I put her into her carrier. That was a first. I think she's finally resigned herself to these trips to the vet. Maybe she sensed that the end was in sight. I'll take pictures of her claw covers if I can and post them.