Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Paradise Found

I really do live in a beautiful place. As much as I am not a fan of winter, I have to admit that there is not much more beautiful and peaceful looking as a landscape covered in freshly fallen snow, especially when the sun is shining on it. I took a few more shots of my house and the end of my street in the midday light (as opposed to the somewhat gloomy early morning light).






I live in a neighborhood with its own beach. The beach is a little over a block away. I drove to the beach and took these shots of the view from the street above our beach. They are panoramic beginning looking east toward Montana and ending looking west toward town (Sandpoint). Our beach is actually down below and to the left by about 300 feet of the house under construction in the first photo. We have a lot above the beach with a picnic table, fire pit, BBQ, and parking and then the beach with a dock and launch ramp for our boats. Here's a map of our neighborhood. The beach is at the end of the road on the left that goes down to the water. It's 0.3 miles from the house.



Now for some photos of the lake... of course, you can click on these for larger versions.









This truly is a beautiful place in which to live!