Friday, February 23, 2007

Missing the kid

Today marks the 4th or 5th day since I last talked to YS. I'm not used to that. When he's at school, we talk at least briefly almost every day. Since he's been in France, we've managed to connect almost every day, at least every other day. But this week, nothing. I know he's busy, but not even a text message or short "hi, I'm alive" phone call before he goes to bed or when he gets up? I miss him. When I see that one of his fellow students has managed to blog two or three times this week, it makes me even sadder. Why hasn't he found the time for a quick email? I know, I know, I'm being silly. But I miss him, and I miss hearing about his adventures, and I'm afraid by the time he does call or write, he won't remember the details of his adventures to be able to relate them. Sigh. I know. Get over it. He's an adult. He's having fun with his friends. But I still miss him, and it's not like him to go so long without some sort of contact. It doesn't help that I'm sick and grumpy.

Edit: 12:00 PM - talked to YS at last. His cell phone is out of minutes, so he hasn't been able to call, and didn't realize he could receive calls still. He is having fun, and is very busy. I did conference him in with his dad so he could wish him a happy birthday. So, I'm feeling a bit better. He was on his way out with a group of friends, and in the background I could hear one of the girls helping him figure out what to wear. A good sign.