Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm grumpy, and I don't know why

I'm rarely like this, but for some reason, I'm in a bad mood today. Maybe it's because YS had said he would be in touch this weekend, and he wasn't. On top of that, when I call his cell, it goes straight to voice mail. There are a couple of things I need to talk to him about - namely he has to decide which study abroad programs he wants to apply to for next Jan Term - and the deadline is March 11. Since he's abroad with limited computer access, I am going to have to do some of his legwork, hence the need to discuss things with him pronto. Also, he had a little relationship thingee go kind of awry. I don't want to divulge too much as you never know who is reading this, but he suffered yet another setback in the affairs of the heart department. A girl acted like she liked him, made all the advances, then suddenly, for no apparent reason, wouldn't even talk to him. He said he felt like he was in high school again. He finally pulled her aside to find out what was going on. She said she didn't think it was a good idea to get involved while on the trip (so why did she start it?), has a tendency to move too quickly and things don't turn out well when she does that, blah, blah, blah. So, then why not say that, instead of just ignoring him? I get so tired of seeing this nice, sweet, tender-hearted boy get run over by flakey girls who mess with his heart, then stomp on it like it's made of rubber, and will just bounce right back. He's so afraid of even remotely letting girls get close to him, that I worry about him. His self esteem when it comes to girls is just dismal. He was so happy when he was telling me about this girl, and how much fun they were having, and that she was the instigator, so he figured it was safe, and he still gets his heart broken. And there's not a damned thing I can do about it. I hope it doesn't ruin his trip. He said it wouldn't - and he told me that as he was headed out with a bunch of kids for the night, so he was having fun - but still....

Aside from YS's situation, work is making me grumpy too. I have too much to do, no help, and constant interruptions - as usual. But today it's making me grumpy for some reason. So, I'm going to go. No sense in blogging. I'm not very good company today. Sorry. Oh, I was happy with most of the Oscar wins. Didn't watch the show, but wish I had. Actually went to a movie in a theater - a rare event - and it wasn't really worth the $9 ticket price. Breach. It was okay, just not a thriller or suspense movie like the previews lead you to believe. Not theater worthy. There wasn't anything else to see. Well, I kind of wish we'd gone to see Wild Hogs instead. It looks funny, and I could have used the laughs.