Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Good morning, Sunshine!

Maybe it was just hormones. Perhaps the lack of sun. Whatever it was, the grumpy mood has lifted. No, still no word from YS, but I'll survive. I have to stop worrying about him. I just have to trust that God has him in His hands. My friend, JoAnn, and I remind each other of this. God is in control. If we want what's best for our children, how much more does He want what's best for them? I think the struggle is that we know that sometimes God allows things to happen to our children, because it is for their good, that we would probably try to protect them from. It's scary to give up control to Him - something with which I struggle daily. I never considered myself a control freak. The Spouse is. The Daughter is. But moi? No way! I'm a "go with the flow" sort of gal. (Is that uproarious laughter I hear in the background?) I guess it really depends upon the situation. When it comes to my kids, apparently, not so much. I like knowing where they are, what they are doing, how they are feeling, and if anyone is being mean to them. And if someone is being mean to them, well, you don't want to know what I want to do. That trucker the other night? That's nothing compared to what you'll get from me if you are mean to my kid. I will kick your ever-loving butt from here to kingdom come. Mother bears have nothing on me. Fortunately, I have not had to show this side of myself very often. It's not a pretty sight. Anyway.

So, the sun is out. I hope it stays out today. I will take my ear muffs so I can go for a walk at lunch today. It's cold, and my ears just ache when I walk in the cold, hence the ear muffs. I'm also feeling better health-wise. The cold I caught - the first in two years - only lasted three or four days, thanks to Zicam. The Spouse didn't use the Zicam and he is still struggling with the cold. I got the cold about 5 days after he did, and I'm almost completely over it. I used Zicam for the first two days. And I have gotten two really good nights of sleep, thanks to Tylenol Nighttime Cold Medicine. I don't know what's in that stuff, but I slept like a baby last night and the night before. I actually feel rested this morning. It's amazing! Heck, I might even hit the gym this morning. In fact, if I am going to do that, I need to get off the computer, so, "ciao!" for now!