Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow...

Last week was a tumultuous week, both personally and professionally. There was major drama at home - none of it good. Fortunately, it's on the road to resolution. Work was fraught with problems that have yet to be resolved, both at my "day job" and at my consulting job. It seems to be the way it goes with computer gigs.... everything goes really well for a period, every problem is easily solved, then nothing works, solutions escape me, problems cascade like a waterfall crashing over me, until I feel as though I'm drowning in them, rescue nowhere in sight. The fun part of my job, the part I slip off to do when I can't think another second about how to solve the technical problems, is being farmed out. I wanted to cry when I was told this would happen, but I had to admit I don't have the "mad skilz" necessary to do what the boss wants done, and I don't have the time to acquire them in time to do what he wants done. It's been a crushing week, but tomorrow a new one starts. It has to be better, right?