Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud
disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine
just to know that you are mine.


I don't know why that song popped into my head, but it seems apropos. So, I've added a few blogs to my blog list. I've been lax in doing that, considering how often I read said blogs. So, Lorraine and Nicole in France are now included. I know there are others I should add, but I can't think of them just now. I suppose I should organize the list alphabetically or something, but that just seems so structured, something I do try to escape as often as possible.

I'm working on a new look for the web site at work. It's driving me crazy. I have this vision in my head....but I just can't get it out of my mind and onto my computer screen. I know what I want, but I don't have all the skills necessary for creating it. It's very frustrating. I keep coming up with "interim" designs, intending to get the "real thing" completed soon....but it is taking an awfully long time to get to "soon".

Another project on which I've been working for months and months is still causing me fits. It's the implementation of our internet access management software, and it's still not going well. Something is wrong, and no one can figure out what it is - not me, not the developers, not the tech people. It just is not working and we're all about to lose our minds. That is what I'm working on this week, with a few hours of web redesign thrown in when I can't take the frustration any longer. And so, I spend my days in a constant state of frustration and aggravation, with the only real respite coming in the form of reading the posts of my fellow bloggers. Thanks guys. You have no idea just how much I enjoy reading your blogs, and how doing so helps keep me sane. Keep it up!