Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Be it resolved....

Yesterday, January 2, 2007, I started off the day perfectly. I went to the gym. I even ate breakfast. At 5:30 AM. That was actually more difficult than the workout. I really am not fond of eating first thing in the morning.
_______
Ok, wait a sec...the TV is on as I'm typing, and there are these three women being interviewed on "Regis and Kelly" right now (it's the East Coast feed). They just finished doing a little soft shoe routine. They are pretty energetic gals, and one just said she is 92! Holy crap! The other two are over 80. Okay... and I'm sitting here on my sofa typing. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
_______
So, as I was saying, I ate a really good breakfast of meusli. I then headed out to the gym, where I got in a little weightlifting before I had to shower, change, and take my car in for an oil change. The plan is to eat healthier, workout daily, and get back into shape. As a result, I have vowed not to park my behind on my sofa every morning and blog and comment on blogs, which has been my routine for most of the past year. That begs the question - when will I be blogging and commenting? I know you're all dying to know. Hopefully, going to the gym as early as I should be getting there will result in getting to work much earlier, which should result in getting home earlier, leaving me time to blog and comment before The Spouse gets home.

The possible fly in this ointment is that I won't leave work any earlier. But I'm going to try. Last night, I no sooner walked out the door when work called my cell with a problem. I had been there all day, and not a single problem cropped up. I leave early, and I get a call. Go figure. I went back, walked in the door, and was told everything was fine. Grrrrrr!

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions. We all know, they are rarely kept. But I do want to make some changes, and what better time to start than after all the holiday revelry, parties, meals, and stress? It just happens to coincide with the beginning of the new year. I've been moving toward this "makeover" for a couple of months now. One of the hurdles I had to overcome was to complete the project at work that has consumed me for the last year. That happened on 12/24/06. I have about 4 more huge projects underway, but they are not as all-consuming as this one was. Completion of this project means I shouldn't have to work from home early in the mornings as often, which means I really have no excuse for not going to the gym.

So, that's the plan. Go the gym. Eat better. Clean my office and get it organized. Pretty basic, huh? So, you all have to hold me accountable, okay? Good. Now, off I go.