Thursday, April 20, 2006

Possible hiatus alert

I may not post for a while - like more than a week. The reason? My boss just gave me an impossible deadline, which will leave pretty much no time for blogging or commenting on the blogs of my friends. I will likely become a shriveled old shrew over the course of the next several days as I attempt to meet this deadline. Since this deadline involves computers, rest assured that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. And that from me, a technophile. What is the world coming to?

I am also, despite almost a year of research and planning, beginning to freak out about our upcoming trip to the UK. I am suddenly convinced that we will have no clue what we are doing, what sights we want to see, how we will get around, or what we will eat, and we will sit in our cottages bickering the entire time while it pours outside. I'm also convinced we will not pack the right things, will forget important items, and everything will go horribly wrong. Why am I getting like this? I don't react this way when we travel in the US. Is it because this is such a huge deal and because we are flying somewhere "foreign" on an actual airplane over the Atlantic Ocean? I don't know. All I know is my stomach is churning out enough acid to devour a Highland cow in 3 minutes flat just because I'm thinking about the trip. Lord help me!