Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Good day, Sunshine!



How can one not feel great when the sun is out?!?! I went to the gym this morning (yay me!) and had a really good workout - 25 minutes on the treadmill (just fast walking at an incline until my knee pain subsides), and then an arm workout - 4 sets of 3 exercies for biceps and triceps. I felt great. To make the day even better, the sun came out and it's beautiful outside! So, here's the view from my office window. I face east. The snow-cappped mountains are in Montana. Just to the southeast was this neat low-hanging cloud with just the top of Gold Hill showing above it. Had to snap that. The library is on the west side of town, just west of an old residential district - some of the older homes in town. About 1.5 miles east of my office is Lake Pend Oreille. It boasts 280 miles of coastline. There is an interesting site I just found by a Japanese traveler with tons of photos of the area in case you're so inclined. The writing is obvious by a non-English speaker, but the site has a ton of stuff on Sandpoint and Lake Pend Oreille and the surrounding area. http://sandpoint.web.infoseek.co.jp/sandpoint.html Interesting.