Wednesday, January 04, 2006

All blogged up

I can't keep up. I have too many blogs now that I just have to read, some of which have multiple posts each day by their prolific authors. One might just wonder why on earth I don't simply cut back, not feel compelled to read each and every post on each and every blog. I suppose that's a valid question. The key to the answer lies in the use of the word compelled. I admit it. I am a compulsive blog reader! I can't help it. When I find a blog that is well written and interesting, a blog with an author who comes across as personable, someone with whom I'd love to sit and visit over a steaming cappuccino, I simply must revisit their blog regularly. If the blogger is relatively new to blogging, I'll go so far as to read every post since the blog's birth. If the blogger is an "old-timer", I'll at least read back a few months to get to "know" the blogger. I usually read the comments too, which frequently lead me to other great blogs. It's a vicious cycle. The only respite I have is that some of the blogs I've gotten hooked on are written by bloggers in foreign lands, many time zones later than mine. That means they are rarely updated after 3 or 4 PM my time, leaving me the evenings to catch my breath and catch up, maybe even post to my blog a bit.

I complain, but I do so tongue firmly planted in cheek. I love these other blogs and the people I have "met" as a result of reading them. Many of these bloggers are very talented writers, and I hope to hone my own writing skills as I peruse their blogs. One blog I am newly addicted to (it is newly created) is a blog for writers. It is full of great advice, tips, suggestions, caveats... quite worth a read. It can be found here: http://www.weejie.blogspot.com/

The other blogs I have fallen in love with are listed in my links to the left, which I will update regularly as I stumble across even more wonderful, albeit time-sucking, blogs to which I am certain to become addicted.

To my new (and some old) blog friends: Please don't stop posting. I look forward to each and every new entry, to the resultant set of comments, and to living vicariously in Glasgow, Portland, Troutdale, New South Wales, Texas, Alabama, and Spokane through all of your postings. You guys rock!