Monday, August 01, 2005

No wonder I have no fans!

When one doesn't update one's blog, one loses readers! I should KNOW that because I have given up reading a few blogs wherein the bloggers fail to update. I am stunned that the last entry in my blog was 19 days ago! Honestly, where did the days go?

I know I promised photos, so here they are, at long last. So, first photo is of our patio in May, right after I planted the big flowerpots. On the left you can see a bunch of flowers still waiting to be planted. As usual, clicking on the small photo will take you to a larger version.

Next is a photo of the fountain we have in front of the dining room windows with all the flowerpots around it.

And then I potted the pots you see in this photo with red geraniums, pansies, and lobelia. There are four of these pots and they sit between the daylilies and asiatic lilies that have yet to bloom in these photos.


This photo was supposed to show you the three pots - one on each side of the arbor and one in the concrete birdbath - that supplement the flowers on the side of the house, but they don't show up all that well. That shed is the subject of that project Tom and I worked on during our vacation. Those photos are forthcoming.



A year ago, I was having a bad day. Jonathan felt bad for me, so he went out and bought me a pot of beautiful orange lilies. They really cheered me up. When the blooms faded, I potted them outside. Surprisingly, in early fall, they bloomed again! I half forgot about them over the winter. They lived outside through the winter months. This spring I looked at this pot and saw the lilies emerging from the soil. They had more than doubled in number! This is a shot of them when they had just begun to bloom. I have another shot I'll post of them in full bloom. They were gorgeous! I can't wait until next year, when they will again multiply in number. They are neat in that they are short - only about 18" to 2 feet tall. I planted some columbines and petunias in with them so it becomes an interesting, perennial pot to look forward to each spring.

Well, I think I will post the other photos in a different post and end this one for now. This is the first time I have used Blogger's photo upload service and I'm curious to see how it looks.