Tuesday, August 02, 2005

More Photos

Since I had some weird issues with Blogger Images yesterday, I decided to post a couple more here. Here is one more of the finished shed project. Note the terrific, perfect, level floor all nicely edged with the treated 2x4s, the fresh coat of paint on everything, and the perfectly mowed lawn - that's MY contribution - well, I held boards while they were nailed in place, held levels, fetched materials, and so on. All actual construction was done by Tom, of course. Oh yeah, I washed, on my hands and knees with a scrub brush, in the driveway, 5 sheets of lattice - both sides. THAT was a horrible job!

So, shed photo -

And this is a photo taken just last weekend of the pots on the patio. Notice how beautiful they are now that things have grown a bit. Notice, too, the freshly sealed patio. It looks SO nice. Tom did that arduous task Saturday morning bright and early (as in 6AM), before the sun hit the patio. Again, take note of the perfectly manicured lawn. That is my handiwork. I mow the front yard with the push mower twice a week. Jonathan mows the back with the rider, also twice a week. We mulch, so you have to mow often or it gets too long to mulch.

Okay, some flower pix I tried to upload yesterday. These are of the lilies along the driveway. Now only the daylilies are blooming as the pink Asiatic lilies have finished blooming. They really are a sight to behold when they are blooming in such profusion. They just keep getting thicker and thicker each year. I love it!