Friday, June 17, 2005

Rain, rain go away

It's raining really hard. It's been doing that all night. My potted flowers don't NEED any more water. In fact, some are getting root rot from too much WET and I have had to pull them out of the pots. I just had to drive down to our beach lot to unlock the gate for some guy delivering huge, long steel pipes that will be pilings for someone's dock. The secondary lot owners have the nearest launch ramp and we keep the gate locked to keep non-residents out. We don't usually do stuff like let big delivery trucks unload on our launch ramp, but I figured it was not that big a deal this one time. But that meant I had to throw on clothes really quickly, run a comb through my hair, and drive down to the beach lot to unlock the gate in the pouring rain with a really sore mouth.

I agreed to do this yesterday when my mouth didn't hurt at all because it was still numb. Today is a different story. It's sore. The roof of my mouth feels like I have the worst pizza burn you could possibly imagine. My lower jaw is swollen and it's hard to talk because the muscles pull uncomfortably in the areas that are swollen. It's hard to describe how it feels. They put these "bandages" on the roof of my mouth to cover the stitches. Really, it's almost like temporary filling putty stuff. They just form it to the area and push it into shape. Well, the left one came off last night so I have all these ends of stitches hanging down that my tongue keeps trying to mess with. Tongues are weird. They're like the curious cat. They just roam constantly around your mouth, searching out anything unusual or any changes in the various items littered throughout your mouth - teeth, cheeks, gums, palate - the most minute change is instantly discovered by the tongue, which then plays relentlessly with the are in question. It is truly a naughty, curious kitten at work. I have to consciously keep my tongue still and not let it toy with the stitches hanging down.

With the rain coming down so hard, Jonathan will be home soon. It's only 7:28AM. It takes him about 3 hours to mow the greens, which they do rain or shine. That means he'll probably get off around 8 or 8:30. Since he's trying to earn as much money as possible this summer, these short days are a drag. He's going to put in to work some Saturdays to make up the lost hours.

I may just milk the gum surgery and take the day off. I can't talk too well so if I have to talk to a patron, it will be weird. I think I should just stay home. Maybe I can take a nap. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I was supposed to get up and take Motrin at 3AM, so I kept waking up, but never did take the Motrin. I just took it when I got up at 4:20. Now I'm watching E! True Hollywood Story about Farrah Fawcett while I type this. She sure was a beautiful woman. She sure is a wreck now. I remember some star saying once "I hope I never end up on E! True Hollywood Story because that will mean I've done something really wrong and have really messed up my life." I would say that's pretty accurate. Farrah has pretty much messed up her life. I think I'll watch Shall We Dance after I take a nap. I've had the DVD forever and haven't gotten around to watching it so today will be the day. And Jonathan has been bugging me to read Eragon, which I have every intention of doing. Maybe I'll start that today too. Yeah, it's one of those kinds of days that is perfect for taking naps, watching movies, and reading books. I think I'll make the most of it.