Wednesday, May 11, 2005

No one is reading this so....

I should just stop posting. I guess the masochist in me - or the eternal optimist - keeps posting "just in case" I do have a fan or two. I wouldn't blame people for not reading when I've gone weeks without updating. Not much worse, or more boring, than an un-updated blog. I should adopt the approach of Nilt, and write whatever random thoughts, no matter how nonsensical, enter my overworked little mind. At least it could provide a laugh to anyone who stumbled across this blog. I'll give that idea more consideration.

On a completely random note, I watched the finale of The Amazing Race this morning (thank you, TiVo!) Though I'm sure most people were rooting against Rob and Amber, I was rooting for them. I was bummed they didn't win, but Joyce and Uchenna are an awesome couple, they love the Lord, and they really ran the race well. They totally deserved to win, which Rob and Amber acknowledged. Most people thought Rob was underhanded and devious and didn't play the game fairly, but as he stated several times during the race, it is a race. It is a race for a million dollars! You do what you have to do, without cheating, to try to come in first. At some point in all the past races, the winners have done underhanded things to try to get an edge on the competition. I am sure the producers showed all the conniving things Rob and Amber pulled to play up that aspect of the race and of Rob's personality as we came to know it from Survivor. They probably didn't show the dirty tricks pulled by the other teams to make Rob and Amber look worse by comparison. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive.

Interestingly, at least to me, is how "wholesome" all the teams seemed this season. Sure, Ron and Kelly fought with each other like children, but overall, the competitors had good relationships with their partners and engaged in very few arguments. Maybe that was intentional after last season's horrible pairing known as Jonathan and Victoria. Ugh. That guy needs help! He claimed, on Dr. Phil's interview with him, that he was portrayed badly and that they actually get along swimmingly. Yeah, right. Any guy who will call his wife the awful names he called her, humiliate and ridicule her the way he did, blame her for everything that went wrong like he did, and then, shove her roughly like he did, needs some serious counseling. She needs to figure out why she stays with a guy who treats her that way! It was upsetting to watch. So, maybe to counter that season, they only showed teammates getting along, encouraging and supporting one another for the most part - or maybe they all really did get along that well. Let's hope it's the latter.

Okay, that's enough randomness for now...