Thursday, May 26, 2005

Life is like a box of chocolates

I love Forrest Gump, both the character and the movie. I think I should watch that this weekend. I'm in the mood for that sort of movie.

It is brilliantly sunny and gorgeous outside right now. I think the entire West Coast is enjoying this same sort of weather. I think it's supposed to be in the 80's today. Brilliant!!! I will most definitely take at least a 2 mile, and maybe a 4 mile, walk at lunch today. I had planned to do that yesterday but we had a major software upgrade Tuesday night/Wednesday AM which required that I physically upgrade every computer in the library except the 22 public access computers and the 12 online catalogs. That meant I had to upgrade about 60 computers. It took all day, meaning I had no lunch break. Along with the upgrade came countless questions from the staff about the various enhancements they were seeing on their screens. And, as with almost any upgrade, there are a few bugs still to be worked out. So, I would be in the midst of an upgrade on a computer upstairs and I would get paged to go to the circulation desk downstairs to answer some question. I was all over the building all day long. It was crazy. But it's all done now so I just have to sit back and wait for the bugs to be fixed by TLC. There are some great new features that I to read up on so I can train staff. There are some features in our online catalog that I have to become familiar with as well so I can implement them. I have a lot of learning to do in the next few days.

This weekend should be great. I'm going to plant my flower pots and try to just relax, especially since it's a rare 3-day weekend for Tom and me. Saturday it's supposed to rain, but the rest of the weekend should be nice. I'm ready for some relaxation.

I bit down on this really great bread with a thick, chewy crust - an Italian bread - the other night and my jaw made an awful popping/crunching sound. Ever since, I can't put my back teeth together and my jaw hurts something fierce. I have TMJ anyway, but it's been pretty mild for a long time. Now, it's back with a vengeance and it's giving me a bad headache. I'm hoping it just subsides as the swelling goes down (I'm assuming there's swelling). It's so weird. The noise was something else! You'd have thought I'd broken a piece of my jaw joint off!

Speaking of jaws and stuff, I go in on June 16th for two gum grafts. That ought to be fun. The only positive thing I see about the experience is I should be able to eat only yogurt and popsicles for several days which should result in a loss of weight. I hope. I understand the roof of your mouth feels like it's been burned for quite a while afterward. That sounds like SO much fun - NOT!

I have a confession to make. I watch American Idol. I am SO happy Carrie Underwood won. I think she has an amazing voice, is a really sweet country girl, is gorgeous, and I think she will have the best career of any Idol yet. Go Carrie!

I have three season finales yet to watch on TiVo - House, Lost, and CSI Miami. After that, no more TV shows to watch so I can go to the gym in the AM! Yippee! I'm pathetic and I watch way too much TV. Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, 24, CSI: Miami, Amazing Race, House, American Idol, CSI: NY, Lost, CSI, Survivor, The OC, Without a Trace, Joan of Arcadia (cancelled - sniff, sniff), and Numb3rs. That's so crazy. But they are all such good shows! That's 15 hours of TV a week! Oh my gosh! I need to get a life. Okay, some, like Survivor, Amazing Race, and American Idol are not on all season long and 24 starts late in the season, so most of the time I'm only watching 11 hours a week, but still........

Okay, time for work.