Thursday, November 16, 2006

Now I Know How the Dems Felt in 2000

Okay, maybe not that exactly, but last night's results show for Dancing With the Stars made me so mad! Yeah, Emmitt is a super sweet guy. His smile is so charming. You just know he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with. But his dancing didn't hold a candle to Mario's. Mario Lopez was so amazing. He really should have won. I read some comments that referred to him as arrogant and smirking, and it really tee'd me off. This guy was so nervous for every dance that it was amazing he smiled at all. And when they would stand there waiting for the judges' critiques, he could barely smile, he was so scared of their comments. He never really acted like "YES!" except that last show, and even then, he was very humble. If you watched the back story parts, you saw how hard he worked, and how unsure of himself he was. You found out that he's ADD and had a hard time concentrating and focusing. He wasn't smug ever. And he really ended up being a fantastic dancer. He really should have won. Yeah, Emmitt improved a lot, and he did a really good job, but he was not even in the same league as Mario. He always looked like a guy who was trying to remember the steps, and "oh yeah, my arms". Mario was robbed. So now I think I know how Al Gore felt.

On another note, I've also added the wonderful JLow's blog to my blog roll. She can be found at The Complaint Department. So, check it out.