Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dancing with the Stars Dems

The next few years are going to be politically interesting - or not. I suspect gridlock is going to keep anything from happening in Congress. Right now, the Senate is still up in the air. No matter who wins, the number of people from each party is nearly equal. That sounds like a stalemate to me. And even though the Dems have a 26 seat lead in the House, it's still almost 50/50, and a lot of the House members on both sides are moderates, agreeing on a lot of issues, so what really will happen? Probably not a lot. Of greater interest to me are the various local issues, including an eminent domain initiative, a ban on gay marriage, and some hotly contested county races. The Democrat I supported for the state House lost, sadly. He is a really good guy, and one who actually came to my door and talked to me for half an hour. The GOP guy? I have never laid eyes on the guy. Most of the other outcomes were pretty predictable. This is, after all, a red state. I voted for at least four Dems - because I thought they were good guys who would do the best job. I think two won. They'll be brutally outnumbered at the state level, but locally they will hold some sway. I'm hoping for good stuff.

I have a confession to make. I am in love with male ballroom dancers - and Mario Lopez. That man can MOVE, and he has a hot, hot, hot body! I just love watching ballroom dancing, the women and the men. The women move like nobody's business. I would love to be able to dance like that. But the men....oh the men. Maybe it's because so few men dance. Maybe it's because a lot of the ones who do, shouldn't. I don't know what it is, but when I see a male ballroom dancer in action, like Max on Dancing with the Stars, I go all weak in the knees. Those hips....mamma mia! And I think you have to be dead not to appreciate 1) what a great ballroom dancer Mario Lopez has become and 2) his body. Last night, in the rendition of the cha-cha he and his absolutely adorable partner, Karina, did to Michael Jackson's Bad, Mario was GOOD! He LOOKED amazing and he danced even better. I hope he wins because he is the best dancer on the show, but Emmitt Smith is so endearing I think the fans may choose him, even though he's not nearly as skilled as Mario. I don't usually get caught up in reality shows (okay, that's a lie), but when they are dancing shows, well, I'm a total sucker. I love to dance, and I love watching people dance, and this show has provided lots of entertainment and some great opportunities to watch really hot guys shake their very hot booties. Okay... I'm through slobbering.