Friday, April 06, 2007

WordPress Blog

For a variety of reasons, I decided to check out WordPress. It's another blogging site. Since I have not decided to move completely to WordPress, I am running both blogs simultaneously. It's easy to import all your lovely posts from Blogger into WordPress, though you can't import your template and various customizations. If you're a CSS whiz, it's a piece of cake I suspect. For those of us who are somewhat challenged in this area, it's not that easy. But they do have some nice templates from which one can select. WordPress has some advantages over Blogger, and some disadvantages. If you're interested, check it out. http://eclecticdefined.wordpress.com. It's still a work in progress. I have yet to figure out all the cool things I can do. For an idea of what all you can do, click the link in my blogroll on the left here to Emoglasses. That's my son's freshman roommate's blog. He's been on WordPress for a long time now and has all sorts of nifty widgets and whatnot in his sidebar.

Oh yeah, if you put your cursor over any of the links in my sidebar on the new blog, this cool add-in shows you a thumbnail of the site. Pretty neat.