Tuesday, May 02, 2006

MIA? Sort of.

I’ll probably be mostly MIA for the next few days, maybe the next few weeks.  Only eleven days until we depart for the UK.  I am trying desperately to complete some projects at work before my departure, line up my back-up help in case the library has any problems while I’m incommunicado, and get myself together at home as I prepare for the trip.  Next weekend we have to move most of Jonathan’s stuff home from school.  The following week is finals week, so he’ll be swamped.  Sunday I’m participating (I’m not going to even suggest that I’ll be running) in Bloomsday with my daughter.  I’ll be a wreck for most of the day after that and probably won’t be able to walk for the next two days.  The following week will be filled with packing, making lists against which I will check to make sure we don’t forget anything important, like passports, airline confirmations, and hotel/condo confirmations.  In addition to all this frenzied activity, I will be mowing the lawn twice a week in an attempt to keep up with the seemingly steroid-induced growth of our lawn.  I’ve got to find a power converter for my curling iron and laptop, arrange for my cat to be fed and tended to (son-in-law usually takes care of this on his way to work), and borrow camera lenses from my dad.  There is almost too much to do and so little time in which to do it.  So… I may not blog, may not comment on blogs, though I’ll probably read them when I can.  I’m thinking of you all.